How to Get Rid of Eczema Scars Fast, Fade & Remove Eczema Spots
October 8, 2018
Removing eczema scars from your face, neck, arms, and legs or on any other part of the body can be a challenge. Here are a few tips on how to get rid of eczema scars fast. But, what causes eczema on your skin? The answer is a key point in healing eczema scars fast in a week or even less since you will know what to do and what to avoid.
Also known as atopic dermatitis, eczema symptoms are inflammation leading to itchy, red, cracked and dry skin with rough patches. Eczema can be managed by oral medications, topical steroid creams and lotions, and light therapy involving easy and natural treatment for the scars. Although adults can get it, it is mostly common among children.
How to Get Rid of Eczema Scars fast
- How to Get Rid of Eczema Scars fast
- 1. Manuka Honey home remedy for eczema spots
- 2. Lemon
- 3. Oatmeal Bath
- 4. Shea butter
- 5. Fish Oil as a medicinal treatment
- 6. Use Aloe Vera to remove eczema scars on legs
- 7. Lavender Oil
- 9. Orange Peel
- 10. Apple cider vinegar
- 11. Exfoliate using baking Soda
- 11. Olive Oil
- 12. Onion extract
- 12. Almond Oil
- 13. Avocado Oil
- Medical ways of healing eczema scars fast and permanently
Consider the nature of affected area before getting rid of eczema scars i.e. the texture of the face is different from that of the leg.
Eczema can be an allergic reaction to various substances or situations but research also shows that in cases of inheritance, it can be a long term disease and its intensity might increase thus requiring intense treatment. In such a case it is good to consult a dermatologist in person for a detailed checkup.
1. Manuka Honey home remedy for eczema spots
Manuka honey is excellent in removing all types of scars. You can use the normal honey but the manuka honey contains higher enzymes than the ordinary honey. Its origin is traced in New Zealand due to the honey fetched from the pollination of the manuka bush by the bees in that habitat.
- Wash the affected area with warm water and try to void long baths.
- Apply honey directly on the rashes
- Mix honey and sugar and use it to scrub the areas affected.
- Rinse the scrubbed area after 20 -30 minutes with clean water (cold or warm may do)
- Repeat daily for better results.
This is a good natural bleach that will help lighten dark scars. Its acidic nature will always get rid of any bacteria that infect the skin. Lemon juice will assist the skin in making new cells thus making it useful in treating eczema scars.
- Mix the lemon juice with sugar and use it in exfoliation of the affected skin.
- Add fresh lemon juice to your drinking water and drink often to help in eliminating toxins from your body leading to a faster healing of eczema scars.
- You may also apply fresh lemon juice directly on the skin.
3. Oatmeal Bath
Besides healing eczema scars, oatmeal also softens the skin and reduces inflammation. It’s good for dry, oily, and even aged skin. Its ability to soak excess sebum and oil off of the skin helps in clearing away dirt and other toxins. It also eliminates dead skin cells, paving way for new cells with less blemish.
- Blend three tablespoons of oatmeal into powder.
- Take a clean sock, add three more tablespoons in it and tie the end.
- Fill the bath tub with warm clean water and throw the soak of powdered oatmeal in it.
- Get in the birth tab and soak for twenty to thirty minutes.
- Squeeze the soak randomly to keep replenishing the oatmeal in your bath.
4. Shea butter
Shea butter contains vitamin A and E that are great in getting rid of eczema scars fast on the body and maintaining the skin healthy. Shea butter also gives a rejuvenated and improved skin moisture.
- Take 2 parts of Shea butter with one part of lemon juice and mix.
- Apply this paste on the affected areas (with blemishes) or dark spots.
- Leave it on the skin overnight.
- Apply at least twice a week for faster results.
5. Fish Oil as a medicinal treatment
Regular use of fish oil capsules helps in treating scars caused by eczema. Fish oil contains omega 3 fatty acids that minimizes body inflammations.
- Take 1200 milligrams of fish oil capsules three times a day.
- Take a lot of food with rich fish oil/Omega-3 content; i.e. oily fish such as Salmon, herring, mackerel, trout and Sardines. Other good Sources include: walnuts, flaxseeds, beans, inter squash and extra virgin olive oil.
- Avoid taking a lot of fish oil without medical supervision.
6. Use Aloe Vera to remove eczema scars on legs
According to WikiHow.com, “Aloe Vera’s anti-inflammatory properties help reduce skin irritations and help remove dead skin from wounds.” Therefore, for getting rid of the dark scars caused by eczema, Aloe Vera can be a very handy home remedy.
- Extract form fresh aloe Vera leaves.
- Aleoe vera may also be used with vitamin E oil
- Apply directly on the skin with dark marks and leave it overnight.
- Rinse it off with warm water in the morning
- Use as often as possible to get rid of the scars.
7. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil contains very effective antiseptic and antibacterial properties that helps in reducing pain and promotes the rapid healing of eczema scars and other skin blemishes.
- Take a clean glass of water.
- Add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Add two teaspoons of honey.
- Drink this three times a day.
9. Orange Peel
Orange peels contain natural and rich vitamin C which helps in healing of eczema scars and contains retinol which helps in removing dead skin cells. Here are a few tips on how to use it at home.
- Peel off an orange, dry the peels then put them in the blender and add a little water then blend.
- Add tree tablespoons of honey and one table spoon of ground cinnamon.
- After step three, blend again to make a paste.
- Gently apply the paste on the affected area and let it dry naturally.
- Rinse with warm water and do this as regularly on reasonably spaced-out timings.
10. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains antifungal, astringent and antibacterial properties that are vital in reducing eczema condition and removing eczema scars fast.
- Take two teaspoons of unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- Take two teaspoons of honey.
- Mix the above in a clean glass of water.
- Drink the mixture three times a day.
- Mix water and apple cider vinegar in a 1:1 ratio.
- Apply the mixture over the part of your skin with dark spots.
11. Exfoliate using baking Soda
Baking soda helps in clearing the dead cells on the skin. It also contributes a lot in brightening dark scars. Exfoliation which is a process of removing old dead skin cells. Baking soda is the major component used.
- Take two tablespoons of baking soda.
- Take one tablespoon of plain water.
- Make a good concentrated paste.
- Apply it over the affected skin area.
- Leave for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse it with warm water.
11. Olive Oil
Olive oil has good anti-inflammatory effects that are good in softening the skin, reducing redness and most importantly here removing eczema scars.
- Get a clean soft wash cloth and olive oil.
- Gently massage the affected skin area with the olive oil.
- Place the wash hot cloth over the affected area.
- Get another clean soft wash cloth and warm water.
- Wipe the olive oil off gently.
NOTE: do not overstay with the warm water on skin while wiping.
12. Onion extract
Onion extracts have proven to work well for healing eczema scars. Regular usage of good quality cream saturated with onion juice extracts can help in lightening eczema scars giving good and fast results. A mixture of onion juice, Allantoin and Aloe Vera can give great results.
Allantoin helps to soften and protect while actively soothing skin. It also stimulates cell regeneration promoting healthy skin while Aloe Vera’s anti-inflammatory properties help reduce skin irritations and help remove dead skin from wounds.
- Pill onions and chop them into small pieces.
- Squeeze the juice out using a food processor, a blender, a greeter or a juicer.
- Mix the onion juice with Aloe Vera and Allantoin in the ratio of 5:2:2 ( onion should be high)
- Wash the affected area with clean warm water.
- Gently Apply the cream on the affected
- Use this cream one to four times in a day for at least ten weeks
12. Almond Oil
Almond oil contains fatty acid properties due to the various natural lipids that it is rich in and is well known for reducing the appearance of the eczema scars. It also contains vitamin E that is good in healing of eczema scars. The following steps can help in extracting almond oil at home.
- Collect 12 raw whole almonds.
- Get a pint of vodka (That is equivalent to 16 oz)
- Place the almonds in ajar, fill with vodka and clos the lid.
- Store in a cool, dark place for about two months, shaking every few days.
- Strain the finished extract into a jar and store in the pantry for about a year this will result into a very rich almond oil product.
- Gently apply on the affected area to rapture the rigid scar tissue, this will stimulate a very fast healing of the marks.
13. Avocado Oil
Avocado oil is known for stimulating the production of collagen in the skin that speeds up the healing of eczema scars. Purchasing a ready-made avocado oil can be expensive. Below are a few simple steps on how to extract Avocado oil at home, and use it to heal eczema scars.
- Scrap the flesh off 2kg (4.4 lbs) of avocado into the blender.
- Pour 1L (4.2 cups) of coconut cream into the blender that contains the avocado flesh and blend until it becomes smooth without any lumps or chunks.
- Pour the content on into a pot and heat on a stove with medium or low heat and stir with a wooden spoon every five minutes until the moisture completely evaporates.
- Place a large clean piece of cloth over a large bowl, and dump the cooked avocado flesh on top then hold the edges together to look like a bag, squeeze the avocado flesh to get as much oil as you can from it.
- Wash the affected area with warm clean water and gently dry the skin with a clean towel.
- Directly apply the avocado oil thrice a week on the affected area of your skin.
Here is a video with on remedies and eczema management.
Medical ways of healing eczema scars fast and permanently
There are other several medical treatments of getting rid of eczema dark sports permanently. Though some might be costly but under the guidance of an experienced dermatologist, they may help a lot in removing eczema scars fast and safely.
Melarice AM and Melarise PM creams for dark eczema scars
Melarice AM and Melarise PM creams are highly recommended in the beginning of dark eczema scar removal process. When this creams are combined with MelaPeels, it might even give a faster out come with the help of a good dermatologist. Dark scars on the legs can be treated with Melarase cream twice daily and MelaPeel treatments once monthly to reduce pigmentation.
Microdermabrasion and dermabrasion
Microdermabrasion treatment is when a minimally abrasive instrument is used to remove the thicker, uneven outer layer of the skin. This is done by gently sanding your skin. It basically improves age spots and black heads and treats light scarring, discoloration, sun damage, and stretch marks.
Dermabrasion treatment is commonly used to treat deep scars on the skin left by acne or eczema illness. Also used to improve on facial skin left scarred by accidents or surgeries. It is highly advisable to follow the doctor’s recommendations on the Do’s and Don’ts after this two procedures.
The side effects of Dermabrasion include uneven changes in skin color, might form scars, infection, darkening of skin while the side effects of Microdermabrasion include irritation from crystals getting into unprotected eyes.
Chemical peels can be a fast way in removing scars from eczema, dark spots and dead skin cells among other skin affiliated conditions. They are good for the face, neck and the chest and if well controlled and safely performed by a medical a good dermatologist, they can give great results in removing eczema scars on the skin.
There are THREE grades of chemical peels and their use will depend on the skin type, i.e. Skin texture, skin color, level of imperfections and your skin elasticity. This makes it important to seek the recommendations of a good aesthesian or a doctor.
The three grades are; Lowest Grade – Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) Peel, Medium Grade – Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) Peel and Higher Grade: – Carbolic Acis or Phenol Peel.7